Blogging can make the difference between a marketing strategy that works and one that fails to deliver results. Blogging is often the core of the strategy that I develop for clients – it ties together SEO and Social and Email for effective lead generation, nurturing and conversion.
Each blog post is a piece of content that is optimized for keywords according to your SEO strategy, shared on social media sites, and often is repurposed in email newsletters and autoresponders.
1. An effective blog strategy gives you a platform to show your expertise and build trust with potential customers.
2. Each blog post gives you fodder for sharing and discussing on social networks.
Blogging for Traffic & SEO
3. Websites with blogs typically have 97% more inbound links; links are the most important factor in Google’s ranking algorithm, per Quick Sprout.
4. Blogging frequently is a great way to increase the number of pages on your website, and more pages means more search traffic.
Blogging for Brand Indentity
5. Blogging gives your company a voice, a place to tell your brand story. Use your blog to talk about products or services, comment on market trends, and let your personality shine through.
6. You can start a conversation with existing customers and prospective customers using your blog. Turning on comments encourages interaction and engagement.
Blogging for Data
7. While your readers are learning from your expertise, you can gain valuable insight into your audience. Track click-throughs, popular topics, social shares and comments and use the data to tailor future blog posts and perhaps even inform new products and services.
Blog to Keep Current
8. When your readers are counting on you for direction, guidance, and current events, you have to keep up.
Thank you for getting to the bottom of this post. I hope my thoughts on blogging have been of help. Please leave a comment below if you would like to share more reasons to blog. I’d love to hear from you.